Seniors Home Care Hillsboro, OR - companionship, respite care, Alzheimers Care, Veterans Care, in-home care services.
- Contact Info
- Senior Services
- Help with Alzheimer's
- Seniors Care for Holidays
- What is Dementia?
- Alzheimer's Caregiver Job
- Give Us a Call
Hillsboro, OR 97124
Fax: (888) 737-5294
Bathing, Dressing, Grooming, Toileting, Incontinence Care, Transferring, Mobility
Meal Planning and Preparation
Dementia Care, Alzheimer’s Care, Cognitive Assistance
Escorting to Shopping, Errands, and Appointments
Learn tips to help people with Alzheimer's: Home Instead Senior Care of Hillsboro, OR cares about your family.
Holidays and special events tips. Holiday memories from before your loved one developed Alzheimer's may darken an otherwise joyful season — Home Instead of Hillsboro is here to help.
Dementia isn't a specific disease. Dementia describes a group of symptoms affecting intellectual and social abilities severely enough to interfere with daily functioning. Alzheimer's disease is the most common cause of a progressive dementia accounting for 60-70% of cases. Other contributing disorders include: Vascular dementia, Parkinson's disease, dementia with Lewy Bodies, semantic dementia and Frontotemporal dementia.
Our Hillsboro Home Instead CAREGiversSM are extensively trained in our Alzheimer`s Care program and have a passion to work with Alzheimer`s or dementia clients. Our caregivers receive ongoing classroom training and testing.
Through proper care, you and your loved one can learn methods to help with behavorial changes, sleep changes, anxiety, depression, anger and general emotional destress.
Caring for seniors is a labor of love that requires a special person with just the right touch. A significant Caregiving goal is to enhance the quality of life for seniors and helps keep them independent in their home.
Learn more about caregiving as a Home Instead Caregiver in Hillsboro.
- Mike Brunt, Local Owner
- Dementia Care History
- Location Map
- Our Values & Culture
- Profile Links
- Degrees, Certifications, Affiliations
- CSA (Certified Senior Advisor)
- BA, Brigham Young University
- MBA, George Washington University
- President, Senior Provider Information Network
- President, Beaverton Loaves & Fishes Steering Committee
- Member, Oregon Health Care Association
Mike Brunt began his career as a Home Instead franchise owner in 2005 at the age of 32. Many have asked him how he, as a relatively young person, became interested in working with seniors. His answer is that he has always had a special bond with the seniors in his life, including grandparents, church members, and neighbors. As a youth in Idaho Falls, Idaho, Mike looked to his father, a family doctor, as a role model for a career of service to others.
Mike recounts the following experience from his childhood.
"I remember one snowy day when I was 8 years old. School was cancelled because of drifting snow, and I was alternating between playing outside in the wind-blown snow and coming inside to thaw out. My Grandma Brunt lived in a smaller house behind ours, and I remember seeing her struggling to get her garbage cans out over the piles of snow. I remember running over there and helping her with the task. It was such a small thing that I probably wouldn't have even remembered it except for her reaction to me. She was obviously having a hard day, but she just looked at me with tears in her eyes, and said, 'Michael, you're an angel. Thank you.' That experience stuck with me and taught me that it feels good to help a senior in need. Today, I have that satisfaction many times over knowing that in my years with Home Instead, I have provided much-needed help to hundreds of seniors in the area."
Mike is a certified senior advisor and has earned a Master's Degree in Business Administration from The George Washington University in Washington, D.C. His early career included various marketing and communications roles for larger companies. As a small business owner with Home Instead, Mike enjoys the important work of making a difference for seniors and their families. "We are truly changing the face of aging," said Mike. "We are replacing fear with hope and isolation with companionship."
Mike and his wife live locally and have young children. "I'm constantly humbled by my wife's great desire to help others and awed by her drive for excellence in all she does," said Mike. Today, Mike's Home Instead operation provides valuable caregiving services for clients in Washington County including Forest Grove, Cornelius, Hillsboro, Aloha, Beaverton, Tigard, King City, Tualatin, and Sherwood.
"To me, helping seniors is not just a line of work, it's a calling from my Heavenly Father," said Mike. "I also find much satisfaction in supporting the local economy by providing good jobs to good people."
Dementia Disease Information - Home Instead Senior Care Washington County Oregon - Hillsboro, OR
The rising health care costs associated with Alzheimer's disease and other dementias place a tremendous economic burden on individuals and society and will continue to increase. As members of the baby boomer generation start entering their senior years, the number of people with dementia and their corresponding health care costs will dramatically increase. Research can help with Alzheimers Care.
- Family and other unpaid caregivers of people with Alzheimer's and other dementias are more likely than non-caregivers to report that their health is fair or poor. They are also more likely to say that Alzheimers Care caregiving made their health worse.
- Reports of high or very high emotional stress come from 40 percent of caregivers of people with Alzheimer's or other dementias, compared to 28 percent of those caring for other older people.
- An estimated 60 percent of caregivers work full or part time. Two-thirds of working caregivers have missed work because of caregiving responsibilities with Alzheimers Care.
- More than 60 percent of Alzheimer's and dementia caregivers rate the emotional stress of caregiving as high or very high; one-third report symptoms of depression.
Alzheimer's Association Facts and Figures (2010 & 2011)
Alzheimer Society of Canada, Rising Tide: The Impact of Dementia on Canadian Society (2010)
Alzheimer Society of Canada (2010)
Alzheimer's Association: Alzheimer's Disease: The Costs to U.S. Businesses
Alzheimer's Disease International: World Alzheimer Report 2010
12194 SW Scholls Ferry Rd
Tigard, OR 97223
Our Office Culture
Home Instead Senior Care in Washington County, Oregon
- We are passionate about helping seniors, supporting each other, and constantly improving ourselves.
- We take pride in our work and want our business to be known as the best in the community.
- We strive for excellence in our own roles and enjoy assisting team members in any way possible.
- We engage in respectful communication to share ideas and solutions in an open, positive environment.
- We feel this work is a calling and are grateful for it. We regularly go the extra mile without thought of extra reward.
- We wish the best for each other, respect the needs of team members, and find joy in each other's successes.
- We make each day great and can't imagine working anywhere else at this time in our lives.
Research information about this Home Instead Senior Care location in Hillsboro, OR on these Business Directory and Social Media sites:
|Home Instead Digital Brochure, Hillsboro, OR||Custom1|
Reviews - Home Instead Senior Care Washington County Oregon - Hillsboro, OR
Give Home Instead Senior Care Washington County Oregon - Hillsboro, OR A Review!
Seniors Home Care Hillsboro, OR. Home Instead Senior Care
Contact Home Instead Senior Care Washington County Oregon - Hillsboro, OR - seniors home care services in greater Hillsboro, OR. Respite, Alzheimers, Dementia & elderly home care companionship. Call 503-530-1527