Seniors Home Care Tecumseh, ON - companionship, respite care, Alzheimers Care, Veterans Care, in-home care services.
Home Instead Senior Care Windsor & Essex County, Ontario - Seniors Home Care
Tecumseh, ON N8N 1W8
Phone: ((519) 739-1500
Serving Windsor and Essex County, Ontario
- Contact Info
- 10 Signs of Alzheimer's
- Help with Alzheimer's
- Seniors Care for Holidays
- What is Dementia?
- Alzheimer's Caregiver Job
Understand Alzheimer's Signs & Stages. Home Instead Senior Care of Tecumseh, ON will help your family.
Learn tips to help people with Alzheimer's: Home Instead Senior Care of Tecumseh, ON cares about your family.
Holidays and special events tips. Holiday memories from before your loved one developed Alzheimer's may darken an otherwise joyful season — Home Instead of Tecumseh is here to help.
Dementia isn't a specific disease. Dementia describes a group of symptoms affecting intellectual and social abilities severely enough to interfere with daily functioning. Alzheimer's disease is the most common cause of a progressive dementia accounting for 60-70% of cases. Other contributing disorders include: Vascular dementia, Parkinson's disease, dementia with Lewy Bodies, semantic dementia and Frontotemporal dementia.
Our Tecumseh Home Instead CAREGiversSM are extensively trained in our Alzheimer`s Care program and have a passion to work with Alzheimer`s or dementia clients. Our caregivers receive ongoing classroom training and testing.
Through proper care, you and your loved one can learn methods to help with behavorial changes, sleep changes, anxiety, depression, anger and general emotional destress.
Caring for seniors is a labor of love that requires a special person with just the right touch. A significant Caregiving goal is to enhance the quality of life for seniors and helps keep them independent in their home.
Learn more about caregiving as a Home Instead Caregiver in Tecumseh.
- Alzheimer’s Care History
- Dementia Care History
- Location Map
- Senior Care Facts
- Profile Links
Alzheimer's History - Home Instead Senior Care Windsor & Essex County, Ontario
Learn about Alzheimer's & Dementia Care to help seniors
A physician named Alois Alzheimer provided care for an elderly patient with rapidly declining, severe dementia in 1907. After the patient died, he performed an autopsy on her brain and found atrophy (a wasting away) of the gray matter surrounding the brain. Dr. Alzheimer also found bundles of neurofibers and the plaques that are now a distinguishing characteristic for a definitive diagnosis of what we call Alzheimer's Disease today.
- Most individuals with the disease are age 65 or older
- There is not a known cure for Alzheimer's Disease
- Likelihood of developing Alzheimer's doubles about every five years after age 65
- After age 85, the risk reaches nearly 50 percent
- Another strong risk factor is family history
- Scientists know genes are involved in Alzheimer's: Risk genes & Deterministic genes
- Age, family history and heredity are all risk factors we can't change
- Risk factors we may be able to influence through general lifestyle and wellness choices and effective management of other health conditions: weight, do not smoke, no excess alcohol, be socially connected, excerise and keep your mind working.
- Alzheimer's disease is the sixth-leading cause of death in the United States and the only cause of death among the top 10 in the United States that cannot be prevented, cured or even slowed.
- More than 15 million Americans provide unpaid care for persons with Alzheimer's and other dementias.
- Payments for care are estimated to be $200 billion in the United States in 2012.
- People with Alzheimer's and other dementias who live alone are exposed to higher risks—including inadequate self-care, malnutrition, untreated medical conditions, falls, wandering from home unattended and accidental deaths—compared to those who do not live alone.
Tecumseh, ON N8N 1W8
Dementia Disease Information - Home Instead Senior Care Windsor & Essex County, Ontario
The rising health care costs associated with Alzheimer's disease and other dementias place a tremendous economic burden on individuals and society and will continue to increase. As members of the baby boomer generation start entering their senior years, the number of people with dementia and their corresponding health care costs will dramatically increase. Research can help with Seniors Home Care.
- The typical $agent->country family caregiver is a 40 to 50 year-old woman caring for her widowed mother who does not live with her.
- Half a million Canadians have Alzheimer's disease or a related dementia. Approximately 14% of them are under age 65
- 1 in 11 Canadians over the age of 65 currently has Alzheimer's disease or a related dementia
- If nothing changes, the number of people living with Alzheimer's disease or a related dementia is expected to more than double, reaching 1.1 million Canadians within 25 years.
- Alzheimer's disease is the leading form of dementia and represents 63% of all dementias.
- Vascular dementia is the second most common form of dementia and represents 20% of all dementias
- Women represent 72% of all cases of Alzheimer's disease and in overall dementias, women represent 62%.
Economic Burden of Dementia
Right now, dementia costs Canadians $15 billion a year, a figure expected to grow ten times to $153 billion by 2038.
Alzheimer's Association Facts and Figures (2010 & 2011)
Alzheimer Society of Canada, Rising Tide: The Impact of Dementia on Canadian Society (2010)
Alzheimer Society of Canada (2010)
Alzheimer's Association: Alzheimer's Disease: The Costs to U.S. Businesses
Alzheimer's Disease International: World Alzheimer Report 2010
Serving Windsor and Essex County, Ontario
Home Instead Senior Care® - locally owned franchise in Tecumseh, ON
- The typical $agent->country family caregiver is a 40 to 50 year-old woman caring for her widowed mother, who does not live with her.
- She is married and employed.
- Extreme stress can take as much as 10 years off a family caregivers life.
- Approximately 62% of family caregivers who work have had to make some adjustments to their work life, from reporting late to work to giving up work entirely.
Home Instead Senior Care® - The world leader in senior home care services. You can find a local office near Tecumseh, ON - with more than 800 locations across North America and the world.
- Home Instead CAREGiversSM are fully bonded and insured, and undergo a detailed screening process, including reference checks and a thorough criminal background check.
- Not a registry or independent contractor, Home Instead Senior Care® is a network of locally owned and operated offices providing trusted elder care home services.
- Each office has a seniors home care staff and CAREGiversSM who are engaged in your community and know the resources that are available locally - near Tecumseh, ON.
Reliable, dependable service and support
Whether you desire a little extra help with meal preparation, light housekeeping or simply need an escort to your doctor, the grocery store or the mall, Home Instead CAREGiversSM are willing and able to serve you.
Research information about this Home Instead Senior Care location in Tecumseh, ON on these Business Directory and Social Media sites:
Give Home Instead Senior Care Windsor & Essex County, Ontario A Review!
Seniors Home Care Tecumseh, ON. Home Instead Senior Care
Contact Home Instead Senior Care Windsor & Essex County, Ontario - seniors home care services in greater Tecumseh, ON. Respite, Alzheimers, Dementia & elderly home care companionship. Call (519) 739-1500