Seniors Home Care Clarksville, TN - companionship, respite care, Alzheimers Care, Veterans Care, in-home care services.
- Contact Info
- 10 Signs of Alzheimer's
- Help with Alzheimer's
- Seniors Care for Holidays
- What is Dementia?
- Alzheimer's Caregiver Job
Clarksville, TN 37043
Fax: (615) 851-9652
Understand Alzheimer's Signs & Stages. Home Instead Senior Care of Clarksville, TN will help your family.
Learn tips to help people with Alzheimer's: Home Instead Senior Care of Clarksville, TN cares about your family.
Holidays and special events tips. Holiday memories from before your loved one developed Alzheimer's may darken an otherwise joyful season — Home Instead of Clarksville is here to help.
Dementia isn't a specific disease. Dementia describes a group of symptoms affecting intellectual and social abilities severely enough to interfere with daily functioning. Alzheimer's disease is the most common cause of a progressive dementia accounting for 60-70% of cases. Other contributing disorders include: Vascular dementia, Parkinson's disease, dementia with Lewy Bodies, semantic dementia and Frontotemporal dementia.
Our Clarksville Home Instead CAREGiversSM are extensively trained in our Alzheimer`s Care program and have a passion to work with Alzheimer`s or dementia clients. Our caregivers receive ongoing classroom training and testing.
Through proper care, you and your loved one can learn methods to help with behavorial changes, sleep changes, anxiety, depression, anger and general emotional destress.
Caring for seniors is a labor of love that requires a special person with just the right touch. A significant Caregiving goal is to enhance the quality of life for seniors and helps keep them independent in their home.
Learn more about caregiving as a Home Instead Caregiver in Clarksville.
- Alzheimer’s Care History
- Dementia Care History
- Location Map
- Senior Care Facts
- Profile Links
Alzheimer's History - Home Instead Senior Care Clarksville, TN
Learn about Alzheimer's & Dementia Care to help seniors
A physician named Alois Alzheimer provided care for an elderly patient with rapidly declining, severe dementia in 1907. After the patient died, he performed an autopsy on her brain and found atrophy (a wasting away) of the gray matter surrounding the brain. Dr. Alzheimer also found bundles of neurofibers and the plaques that are now a distinguishing characteristic for a definitive diagnosis of what we call Alzheimer's Disease today.
- Most individuals with the disease are age 65 or older
- There is not a known cure for Alzheimer's Disease
- Likelihood of developing Alzheimer's doubles about every five years after age 65
- After age 85, the risk reaches nearly 50 percent
- Another strong risk factor is family history
- Scientists know genes are involved in Alzheimer's: Risk genes & Deterministic genes
- Age, family history and heredity are all risk factors we can't change
- Risk factors we may be able to influence through general lifestyle and wellness choices and effective management of other health conditions: weight, do not smoke, no excess alcohol, be socially connected, excerise and keep your mind working.
- Alzheimer's disease is the sixth-leading cause of death in the United States and the only cause of death among the top 10 in the United States that cannot be prevented, cured or even slowed.
- More than 15 million Americans provide unpaid care for persons with Alzheimer's and other dementias.
- Payments for care are estimated to be $200 billion in the United States in 2012.
- People with Alzheimer's and other dementias who live alone are exposed to higher risks—including inadequate self-care, malnutrition, untreated medical conditions, falls, wandering from home unattended and accidental deaths—compared to those who do not live alone.
Clarksville, TN 37043
Dementia Disease Information - Home Instead Senior Care Clarksville, TN
The rising health care costs associated with Alzheimer's disease and other dementias place a tremendous economic burden on individuals and society and will continue to increase. As members of the baby boomer generation start entering their senior years, the number of people with dementia and their corresponding health care costs will dramatically increase. Research can help with Respite Care.
- Family and other unpaid caregivers of people with Alzheimer's and other dementias are more likely than non-caregivers to report that their health is fair or poor. They are also more likely to say that Respite Care caregiving made their health worse.
- Reports of high or very high emotional stress come from 40 percent of caregivers of people with Alzheimer's or other dementias, compared to 28 percent of those caring for other older people.
- An estimated 60 percent of caregivers work full or part time. Two-thirds of working caregivers have missed work because of caregiving responsibilities with Respite Care.
- More than 60 percent of Alzheimer's and dementia caregivers rate the emotional stress of caregiving as high or very high; one-third report symptoms of depression.
Alzheimer's Association Facts and Figures (2010 & 2011)
Alzheimer Society of Canada, Rising Tide: The Impact of Dementia on Canadian Society (2010)
Alzheimer Society of Canada (2010)
Alzheimer's Association: Alzheimer's Disease: The Costs to U.S. Businesses
Alzheimer's Disease International: World Alzheimer Report 2010
Home Instead Senior Care® - locally owned franchise in Clarksville, TN
- An estimated 36.8 million people - 12.4% of the population - are 65 and older.
- Nearly 25% of all American adults currently provide daily companionship or home care assistance to a parent or relative.
- The USA population age 65 and older is expected to double in size within the next 25 years.
- The typical family caregiver is a 40 to 50 year-old woman caring for her widowed mother who does not live with her. She is married and employed.
- Extreme stress can take as much as 10 years off a family caregivers life.
- Approximately 62% of family caregivers who work have had to make some adjustments to their work life, from reporting late to work to giving up work entirely.
Home Instead Senior Care® - The world leader in senior home care services. You can find a local office near Clarksville, TN - with more than 800 locations across North America and the world.
- Home Instead CAREGiversSM are fully bonded and insured, and undergo a detailed screening process, including reference checks and a thorough criminal background check.
- Not a registry or independent contractor, Home Instead Senior Care® is a network of locally owned and operated offices providing trusted elder care home services.
- Each office has a seniors home care staff and CAREGiversSM who are engaged in your community and know the resources that are available locally - near Clarksville, TN.
Reliable, dependable service and support
Whether you desire a little extra help with meal preparation, light housekeeping or simply need an escort to your doctor, the grocery store or the mall, Home Instead CAREGiversSM are willing and able to serve you.
Research information about this Home Instead Senior Care location in Clarksville, TN on these Business Directory and Social Media sites:
Give Home Instead Senior Care Clarksville, TN A Review!
Seniors Home Care Clarksville, TN. Home Instead Senior Care
Contact Home Instead Senior Care Clarksville, TN - seniors home care services in greater Clarksville, TN. Respite, Alzheimers, Dementia & elderly home care companionship. Call 931-648-7800